Monday, December 3, 2007

what a boring post!

Disappointing movie: The Graduate. It's such a famous line and all, "Are you trying to seduce me, Mrs. Robinson?", and I appreciate movies from the 60's, but the awkward silences and the songs repeated and the lack of resolve at the end left me unhappy. Hmph.
On a different note, it's Monday and I just ate a cookie and its Very Cold outside and my room is a mess.
I wish it would snow!
I am reading a book of poetry.
How I dearly love poetry.

So I was talking with the good friend today about the English language. I don't like how slang-y (look at me, what a hypocrite) we've made it. I wish we still spoke in a higher class of English, similar to circa 1750. Back when the people took pride in the manner in which they made use of their vocabulary.
And it just sounds pretty.
But I wouldn't mind if we didn't go quite so far back either.
I'd be okay if people brought back phrases like 'doll-face' and 'shake a leg, kid'
or 'I dig it, daddy-o'.
:] Hee.

1 comment:

ava carrie said...

Yes, wouldn't speaking clearly really change the feel of things?

I do believe your right, sweet-cheeks