Wednesday, April 23, 2008

the order of the afternoon

Hike. In which I fall many times into snow and mud and thorny bushes, come away with splinters and scrapes and wet shoes and a sore butt and cannot be bothered because it was so beautiful. I was wearing a tank top and it was warm. I can feel old wintery skin shaken off as car windows get rolled down and sunbeams warm faces again.

Vegan Pizza. In which I am so excited to get another piece, I break my favorite plate.


In other news, school is shockingly close to ending.
-My new favorite music-maker is She and Him.
-It is so nice outside! Getting up in the morning is so easy because it is light outside.
-I have been doing a lot of reading of authors that I like, Virginia Woolf, Kurt Vonnegut, Joan Didion, Elizabeth Gilbert, and loving Beatrix Potter much as ever. All of these writers ignite a fire in my belly for writing, and help me not condemn that dream with thoughts like "Oh, there are so many writers in the world already, I would be wasting my time." Because there's another voice that says back "But this is what I looove."

No comments: