Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christchurch Part 1: Food and otherwise.

Over the weekend at the sheep farm, I went into Christchurch to run some errands and see the city, with 2 of the girls also working at the farm. We went to second-hand stores and the mall, and ate some yummy foods.

Megan, I ate this and thought of you. We started the day at a cute bakery in Darfield, a tiny town outside of Christchurch. I had a strawberry cupcake, and thought of our Saturdays, because we went to like, 3 Salvation Army's afterwards. I wished you were with me:

This next dish isn't particularly attractive, but I took the picture mostly to remind myself that pumpkin, chickpea, spinach, and red bell peppers taste mighty good together.


Christchurch has a lot of old architecture, because apparently it was designed to be a classic English town. I didn't see a lot of the city on the first stop in, but this was driving though.

In the morning we went to the Raspberry Cafe, a pick-your-own berries farm. Everything looked really yummy, but I landed on the Lemon-Buttermilk Pancakes, because I've been missing that particular breakfast. And they had raspberry coulis and whipped cream on top, not bad at all.

They're half-eaten in the picture though. Gotta eat 'em while they're hot, you know.

We also went to a chocolate lounge (Megan, again, missed you) and they chocolate in the shape of almost everything. I only sampled the dark hot chocolate, not that I regret my decision.

There was a really cute stationary shop in the mall. Everything in this store was just so darn cute (and unfortunately pricey). I loved the bicycle-planners.

And we watched The Boat That Rocked. It was a good movie.

1 comment:

mstahl66 said...

ROBINNNNNNNN
I almost cried when i read this :(
I so so so SO want to be with you. You just had a saturday without me! But it's okay, when you get back we will have many more!
Love you!