Saturday, October 6, 2007

These pictures came in the mail this morning, from my summer trip to visit my aunt and uncle and cousin, who live outside of Seattle. My cousin was adopted from China, and she is most marvelous human being. At the picnic table, thats my step-cousin, she's...13 I believe, who also came up to visit.
The water you see behind us is surrounding the San Juan islands. From where I am perched on that rock, I watched at least 30 Orcas swim by. It was incredible. While I was watching them, I kept thinking things like, "I should be a marine biologist. I want to swim with whales. They are so amazing. I want to be a marine biologist." But now, looking forward, I don't want to be a marine biologist, biology classes bore me to tears. But oh, they were amazing.
This morning should last forever. I feel like its slipping away, and I need time to get things done, but I also want my doing-stuff-but-not-really time. Like blogging or organizing pictures on iPhoto and taping newspaper clippings to my wall. It's a beautiful sunny-frosty morning.

No comments: