Saturday, May 10, 2008

morning

A vegan cooking bonanza is what it seems like around here. Here is a prettier picture of the cupcakes I made last night, finally. They are from Joy of Cooking, they are vegan, and they are made with orange juice. I can't actually tell you how they taste, I have yet to try one, but according to my mother, they are tasty. And below are the vegan-apple waffles I experimented with this morning, from Post-Punk Kitchen's recipe. While not aesthetically pleasing (they stuck to the waffle iron most unpleasantly) they turned out good. "Lacey" is the term we used, since they were a little crispy and crepe-like. Outdoors-wise, I am head-over-my-heels in love with Alaska, almost to a point of ridiculousness: jealousy of my friends going on a 2-week camping trip, and I can't go because I'm going to Europe. That's silly. But anyway, I drove up a long road into the valley which I had never been to before, and passed houses with llamas in their yards and imagined living in these cute little houses and decided maybe I would come back here after all.

(This is not from my drive, but from hiking last weekend. We ran into some moose, and more excitingly, a woman who was a baker in the Valley. I want to be a baker in the Valley. She had short bangs and a braid and reminded me of exactly how I want life to be.)

No comments: