Friday, September 28, 2007

a sick day

I stayed home from school today, due to a mix of stomach cramps and my mom leaving for Boston. My grandma, her mom, just died 2 nights ago, she was 87. The last time I saw her was 2 1/2 years ago, and I hadn't known her very well. Her name was Sophia. I think its a beautiful name.
But so today was a lonely day of homework and music and a little painting and a little poetry and a little Mr. Rogers. I have a guitar body that I am going to paint, and supposedly it will be made into a guitar eventually. I'm excited.
I should be done with it in about 2 weeks, considering how picky I am. I still don't feel great, its almost midnight and I still have a lot of reading to do, something I was trying to avoid, but its inevitable it seems. This coming weekend looks a little uneventful, and I guess I'm grateful, but I've been spending so much time around home that I'm starting to get a little stir-crazy, cabin feverish. I can't beleive Spetember is on the way down, the home strtch. then...October? Heavens-to-Betsy. This is another year that zooms by so quickly, so quickly. Here is a cool picture of the moon, a couple nights ago. I just like pictures of the moon. Of space in general. I love space. Those big pictures of star-births and deaths and...man, my mind is blanking out right now. Those biiig universe books with mind-blowing pictures of space, the ones you look at and say to yourself "No way, that Cannot be Real!". Yeah. Those.

No comments: