Saturday, October 17, 2009

happily October

image from here

Even though the flowers are emerging, animal babies are being born, and the weather is warming up, my internal calendar still persists that I should be wearing scarves and cuddling in front of fire places with books and socks and quilts. I'm still dreaming about pumpkins and spiced ciders and everything else lovely in October.

However, yesterday was a trip to buy a lot of flowers, vegetables, and herbs from the garden shop, to plant later this week. We'll have tomatoes growing in our room.

And the rain is persisting. At least it does give me an excuse to snuggle up indoors.


I love this woman, head scarf and fiddle. Maybe I'll look like that after my trip to the farm next month.

And this Ethopian Honey-Spice Bread seems appropriate for autumnal fancies.

No comments: