Sunday, October 11, 2009

mister golden sun

The weather has finally smiled. After torrents of rain, hail, frosty winds and blustering clouds, the sun has peeked out. A hike on the coast was a satisfying way to celebrate it, and afterwards a short scavenge of "Treasure Beach", which yielded sea glass, paua shells, and other magical finds.

And this morning I'm enjoying another sunny day in a very different way- with chai, muffins, knitting, and books. This organic loose-leaf vanilla chai I bought at the organic shop the other day is so worth it; you can't beat good spice.

Pair with some blueberry muffins topped with cinnamon crumble, and enjoy while sitting in a sunny spot in the kitchen and reading The Gentle Art of Domesticity, and I swear I don't need much more out of today.


On a solemn note, I lost my camera on a bus the other day, while op-shopping. So unfortunately don't have the beautiful pictures I wanted to share of the beautiful books I browsed in the sewing-shop, or the coconut-almond macaroon I relished at a cafe, or the awesome second-hand finds I discovered. These pictures were taken with a borrowed camera, and even a few days without my own makes me realize how much I love taking pictures. Hopefully I'll find a replacement soon.

So in lieu of the sweet lost pictures, I'll share some links that have inspired me this morning:

How much I love being close to the sea.

How awesome these owls are.


Blanket fort competition. Is anyone else looking forward to Where the Wild Things Are?

I wish you a lovely day, sunny or no.

No comments: