Wednesday, October 21, 2009

in town

Art:
Thistle Hall is one of the many galleries around. I like Thistle because there's a new display every 2 weeks, and it's always multiple artists collaborating on one common theme.

And random art on the street is everywhere. It is one of my favorite things about this city.


Vintage clothing:


The amount of vintage clothing stores here is amazing, and so fun.

There's so many dresses and cardigans and blouses and pumps and Mary Janes and bonnets and church hats to sift through.

The fashion here incorporates new and old, and it's not rare to see girls in dresses from the 70's, 60's, and even 50's, walking downtown.

Madame Fancy Pants:


This is a really cute shop to browse through, unfortunately everything in it is over the price range for a student or traveler. Really cute jewelery, clothes, and other bits to wish for, though.

Martha's Pantry:

Absolutely lovely tea shop. Scones and cakes and tea rule the cabinet, all served on antique cups and saucers.


I tasted a chocolate cupcake, accompanied by my book and my knitting. I had more than one person come up to me and tell me how impressed they were by my sock!


So yummy.

1 comment:

Chris Selin said...

Wow, I love Wellington. It looks old-fashioned, kind of like Jane Eyre-ish England. I also love your socks. Congratulations on their completion. I'll bet you are getting good. Camera is on its way.