Saturday, August 18, 2007

berry fun (had to pun) (and I rhymed too!)



I'm regrowing skin on my knees and elbows right now, due to a little biking accident. When I was zooming my bike down to Ava's I didn't realize my front tire was flat, and I made a really sharp turn and BAM! on the pavement. It was embarrassing, all these cars stopped to ask if I was okay. So I showed up at Ava's door with blood running down into my sandal. I look really sad in that picture, but it doesn't hurt so much anymore.
But after that, Ava and her cousin Emily and Heather and I went blueberry picking about 20 minutes from home. We didn't get that many in the end, mostly because we spent a lot of the time talking and laughing and eating peanut butter sandwiches than actually searching for blueberries, but I got a fair amount. I like pretending that we were living off the land, and had to prepare for winter. I wish I could make my own jam or something..I wonder what you need to do that. I am reminded of that sweet book that I used to read when I was little, called "Blueberries for Sal". I really loved that book. And last night we set up a huge tent in Ava's back yard and camped out. And then shopping today, I spent money but I feel yucky and big; malls tend to have that effect on me. I would much rather shop for clothes in an outside street market, or in a fabric store, or at least a place a little less like a mall. That loud music and droves of people drive me insane, and since we were all sleep-deprived, we were all pretty cranky and unpleasant.

No comments: