Tuesday, August 14, 2007

This is the surprise my brother left on my desk under a heavy book that I found when I got back from visiting my relatives in Seattle. My first official collection of something. He found all of them on his month-long bike trip across Alaska (that I really wanted to go on, but I had summer school and a job instead). I've been adding to it since, but I'm not sure what to do with them, I'm really afraid of breaking them so they're residing under the humongous book of Picasso for now. I guess if I got a frame and..glued them onto a backboard? Thats the best idea I've had so far. I just think they're pwitty.
I went to see Stardust today with Anne-and as she said, "that movie was carmelized." It was the sweetest, happiest movie I have seen in a long time, a perfect happy ending, and a perfect way to spend a rainy day. But with luck this rain will expire as of tomorrow, because I have hiking plans. I just found pictures of Ava and I during a trip into downtown, visiting our favorite hallway. It goes on forever, it seems. That was the day we saw a man walking 7 dogs, each on a different color leash. I recently finished the summer reading for this summer, and have resumed my journey through Middle Earth. How nerdy :] And today was also a day of DMV horror-waiting an hour and a half to find out I can't get my license for another couple of weeks. After consideration, I've decided my favorite fictional creature would be an Ent. They move so slowly and carefully, "Entish is a lovely language, but it takes a long time to say anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say , and to listen to." They sound so peaceful, just watching the world go by.

1 comment:

ava carrie said...

I truly remember the long fun exasperated day we spent wandering around downtown anchorage. I still miss that hallway though. Someday we'll go back...